Saturday, March 3, 2007

TOM KYTE

Well, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at just how intelligent this guy was. What stuck out most for me was his insatiable appetite for knowledge. Mr. Kyte said that he read numerous publications every morning in an effort to absorb as much knowlege as possible.

It is amazing to me that he has been in the business of social networking since the begining. I did not even realize social networking was around in 1994. The metamorphasis of his career was amazing as well.

He also spoke about the importance of a name and of someone's reputation...It's important to be the "voice that is heard above the crowd," he said...And how right he is... He gave a great example: When he is verbally assaulted by other bloggeers, he no longer has to argue for himself...he has a devoted following who does that for him! (a little push in the direction of the negative comments does not hurt though... ***wink, wink***)

The lawsuits were interesting too...can you believe the gumption of some people...Hey, at least he had done his legal homework!!!! Maybe he should have worked out the kinks in his book as well as he did the kinks of law and order in Austrailia...what a loser!!!!

I digress....
So I checked out some of the sites he mentioned in class and found some of them to be quite entertaining/informative...(LOL). Of them...fark.com and reddit.com are my favorites.